HandUp Ministries seeks to equip young men who’ve aged out of Grangou, our partner orphanage, with Jesus and jobs.
Commerce is a powerful catalyst for social change, but we believe that meaningful and sustainable change happens through the power of the gospel.
HandUp Ministries harnesses the power of both, Jesus and jobs, through our Teens in Transition program (TnT). This 2-year program consists of 3 Pillars:
- Mentoring: Introduces spiritual role models
- Teaching: Equips teens with Christ-centered truths
- Accountability: Fosters a community of men who encourage one another
- Leadership Training: Empowers young men to grow from an orphaned boy to that of a responsible and productive citizen in his community
- Teaches faith-based money management
- Provides future, long-term stability
- Promotes a desire to give back to those in need
- Results in positive economic impact on the community
Job Skills Training:
- Equips teens with transferable job skills
- Positions youth to move toward independence
- Evokes feelings of dignity and stability
- Serves as a catalyst for growth, responsibility, and maturity
See how HandUp is changing the lives of young men like Max and Patrick.
DID YOU KNOW THAT...
- Poverty is the primary social driver for third-world child relinquishment
- 80% of children in Haitian orphanages have one or both living parents
- 60% of Haitians live on less than $2.00/day
- Up to 70% of the labor force lack formal jobs
- An estimated million orphans live in HaitiMedian age in Haiti is 23
More jobs for young Haitian men means less orphans in Haiti. These young men have the potential to change their communities as they grow into leaders, entrepreneurs, husbands, father and pastors. HandUp Ministries is getting to the source of the poverty orphan problem; jobs and Jesus for young men will keep them from perpetuating the cycle of poverty, violence and creating more orphans.
The Impact HandUp Ministries is making in Haiti:
- 30+ jobs created in 3 years
- 20 former street boys gainfully employed
- 13 teens in transition fully immersed inTeens in Transition programming
- 4 artisans launched side businesses through money saved at HandUp
- 16 orphans cared for by HUGG artisans
- 30+ children ministered to through A.S.D.C.A.O-founded by HUGG artisan
- 10 street boys learning to read through “Be the Change” Ministry-founded by one of our HUGG artisans